School Support Volunteer
As a CEA volunteer, you will help create a safe space for the children and help reinforce that learning can be fun. CEA functions from Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon and volunteers may participate in either or both sessions; it is not necessary that a volunteer works Monday through Friday, but they must work a fixed schedule at least three days a week.
- Assist the children with their homework and studies for school in a variety of subjects, including but not limited to English, Math, and Science.
- Help the CEA teacher maintain control of the classroom.
- Provide discipline and structure necessary to create positive study habits.
- Prepare educational and recreational activities for children who finish their homework early.
- Two-month minimum commitment.
- Intermediate Spanish.
- Commitment longer than two months.
- Advanced Spanish.
- Experience tutoring and working with children who have learning disabilities.
- Grade school knowledge of reading and writing.
Cost and Support from the CENIT Community:
We ask each volunteer for a one-time contribution of $100. In exchange, you will receive daily lunch, a CENIT T-shirt and the support of a full-time volunteer coordinator. Your contribution also supports the administrative costs of the volunteer office and helps sustain our programs.
How to apply
Interested applicants: Apply Here for questions send email to firstname.lastname@example.org