As the Street Outreach Coordinator, you will partner with Ecuadorian social workers in coordinating the activities of the pre-school program and fostering interaction with the families of at-risk and working children. This is a great opportunity for those interested in working with children and learning about the social and economic challenges of disadvantaged indigenous and mestizo communities.
• Supervise and motivate a team of 4-5 volunteers in the pre-school education program and participate in daily activities as needed.
• Maintain communication among the staff and volunteers, and refer any concerns about a child’s safety and well being to CENIT’s Health Services and Social Work Areas.
• Accompany, visit and support families in the orientation of services that are offered by CENIT and other institutions.
• Assist social worker with relevant tasks, including research of resources for the beneficiary population, analysis of case notes and program archives, paperwork completion and the application of technical instruments.
• Systemize the process for the tracking and analysis of cases and develop methods to retain institutional knowledge.
• Plan and execute games and cultural activities for children, adolescents and their families in the markets.
• Ensure all aspects of the program are planned, cohesive and implemented effectively.
• Undergraduate degree in social work, psychology, education, international relations or related social science field.
• Minimum commitment of 6 months; 1 year preferred.
• Intermediate Spanish required; advanced Spanish preferred.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team to motivate volunteers
• Strong organizational and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Good empathy and listening skills
• Strong level of commitment to working with disadvantaged and low-income populations.
• Experience working with children.
We ask each volunteer for a one-time contribution of $100. In exchange, you will receive daily lunch, a CENIT T-shirt and the support of a full-time volunteer coordinator. Your contribution also supports the administrative costs of the volunteer office and helps sustain our programs.
How to apply
Interested applicants: Please inquire or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.